Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rainbow Cow


So here she is...
This lovely white life sized cow was gifted to my children's school as a promotional thingy by the dairy industry - I was SO excited when I saw it, I could hardly contain myself.
There were guidelines set for use - she was to be an educational tool painted by the children to promote an awareness of nutrition & the place of dairy in a healthy diet.
Cool. We decided to go with the origins of our food relating to the seasons.




I was a little worried the control freak in me would not share well with the children, but I was SO pleasantly surprised, they seemed as excited by the whole project as I was they 'respected' the cow - what more could I ask. I worked with a small group of grade 5/6 girls & boys (mostly girls) who listened while I went on about how to use a brush 'properly', not overloading it, not dipping it too deep, how to blend bla bla blaa - they were awesome.







Voila! Three weeks later complete with sparkly ruby red slippers - because of course that's how our dairy cows roll here in Oz.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! It would look perfect in my living room. Ruby slippers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project to share with the right kids! "She" turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, she's beautiful! I love the art work, so thoughtful.
    You know how much we LOVE all things dairy round here, you've captured the essence.
    How proud the children must be.....and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jane,
    Hi jane,

    I can't seem to find your email address.

    I was just scrolling back through my blog and notice your comment about a catch up in early dec. I would love to get together, I realise that the holidays are comming to a close, but how does next week sound?
    I'm free tuesday, thursday and friday, and the following mon, before school goes back. What suit's you?

    Your're welcome to come here, but I'd love to see your renovations/ garden at your home.

    Hope you and children are well, and are enjoying the break.

    love
    kerrie

    p.s. what project did you get done in these holidays?

    ReplyDelete