Monday, April 6, 2009

Melbourne Flower & Garden Show

My eldest daugher and I went to the Melbourne Flower & Garden Show on Sunday. We caught the 8am train to Melbourne, then a tram to the gardens - half the adventure was in getting there.

There were many, many absolutely gorgeous displays.

I was under strict instructions from my son to go to Jason Hodges garden and get a photo of him. His garden was lovely - the entrance was beautiful but the veggie garden he placed down the back was what really wowed me. I love veggie gardens, I think they are SO beautiful the fact that they are edible, healthy and wonderful thing for children to participate in is an absolute bonus. I have plans to put a veggie garden out the front of our house.

We were pleased we went there early - by mid day there were SO many people you could hardly walk along the paths let alone see the displays.




There were many other wonderful sites to see...









Eco Garden Above... and calamari, chippies and choc dipped fresh organic strawberries for lunch Mmmmm


Above are two of the many flower sculptures - these two took my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment